WISCONSIN ASSOCIATION OF HOMICIDE INVESTIGATORS
COLD CASE REVIEW TEAM
In 2007, the Board of Directors of the Wisconsin Association of Homicide Investigators developed a Cold Case Review Team to offer NO-COST case reviews for member agencies.
Team members made the process of requesting a review as easy as possible. Following are the steps necessary to proceed with a review:
· Only the agency in control the file can request a case review. (Reviews will not be accepted from family members, media or concerned others.)
· All reviews will occur at Concordia University/Green Bay campus.
· Reviews will consist of a 60-90 minute power point presentation on the case to-date. (Certainly the presentation can be longer.) Where possible, the power point will consist of crime scene photos, body location site, if different, and autopsy. Any relevant information is requested.
· At least 1 detective familiar with the case will offer the presentation.
· If/when possible a case synopsis should be sent prior to the review.
· Files, reports should accompany the detective(s).
· All reviews are confidential.
· If requested, a written report will follow.
· A review will take place at the mutual convenience of the requesting agency and team members.
Numerous agencies have taken advantage of this free service. If you are interested in, or desirous of a case review please contact Steve Daniels at either, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 920-499-4995.